mylibraryinthemaking

My Library in the Making

I just read anything and everything that I find interesting.

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach
Louder Than Words - Laurie Plissner (This review was originally posted at My Library in the Making.)They say laughter is the best medicine, but what if—aside from a few huffs of air—you couldn’t even laugh?That’s Sasha’s life, post-accident—the accident that had taken her family and her voice. After four years of psychotherapy, she still suffered from hysterical mutism and retrograde amnesia, and had to choose between pen and paper or her Hawkie Talkie to communicate with others... well, that was until Ben Fisher, cute black-belter and Italian-speaking mind-reader, came complete with nunchucks to save her.I have to say, I certainly didn’t expect Louder Than Words to be such a fun read. Sure, Sasha was mute and had little memory of her life before the accident, but she wasn’t too down on herself. She was hopeless but positive. I doubt I’m making any sense here, but I really understood her outlook in life because it’s pretty much mine, too.Now, on to Ben freaking Fisher. I admit, he reminded me of Edward Cullen more than once—probably because of the mind-reading, Roman-god-looks, maturity, and out-of-the-blue chastity—but aside from his special talent, he was very much human. And very much swoon-worthy.Although it frustrated me (a lot), I liked how Ben prioritized Sasha’s mental health over their relationship, knowing she would never be whole without fully understanding her past, and I liked it even more that, instead of wallowing in grief, Sasha concentrated on getting better.With the perfect balance of giggles and I’m-suspecting-everyone mystery, Louder Than Words was the complete package, and I would love to pick it up again soon.MY FAVORITE PART was Sasha and Ben’s date in the city. Swooooooooon.