mylibraryinthemaking

My Library in the Making

I just read anything and everything that I find interesting.

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach

Obsession

Obsession - Jennifer L. Armentrout Actual rating: 3.5(This review was originally posted at My Library in the Making.)"Every villain is a hero in his own mind." Not quite, Tom Hiddleston. Not quite.Serena Cross was used to the quiet life, the only occasional disturbance being her outgoing best friend, so when Mel cried wolf on the man she was dating, Serena didn't think much of it... until she witnessed Mel's murder in the hands of an otherworldly creature, thrusting her into a dangerous game between the government and two alien races—into the arms of Hunter.If you've read the Lux series, then you know that Arum are evil and ruthless killers—but think again. Apparently, this book has been making people jump from Team Luxen to Team Arum, and I'm glad to hop into the bandwagon! That doesn't mean that come Origin, I'll be wishing death upon Katy, Daemon, and the others, just that I'll have more sympathy for every Arum that I'll come across in the remaining books of the series. Consider me enlightened, knowledgeable (as far I as I know) of the real deal with the Luxen and ArumNow on to the characters. Assuming you've read at least Obsidian, then you've witnessed the sizzling hot fury chemistry between the two MCs in the YA series; well, that's also how it was for Serena and Hunter. Even their first real conversation went very much the same direction: south."I didn't kiss you," he scoffed.For some reason, I thought I should be insulted by the way he said that. "All right, when you put your mouth on mine? Is that clear enough for you?"Hunter's grin tipped higher. "You have a feisty little attitude, don't you?""You're about to get a feisty little foot up your ass," I spat back.Since I've already made the comparison, let me continue. Serena was like the adult version of Katy. She was bold and daring and sometimes downright stupid, but she never let Hunter and his domineering attitude dictate her actions (well, except in the bedroom ;D). Hunter and Daemon, on the other hand, had less similarities. Hunter was straightforward and there was no doubting or questioning him; he did as he said. He was no good guy, but when faced with Serena... well, you can imagine how that went.Obsession is an extraordinary Adult spin-off novel to the Lux series, but read that: it's an Adult novel. So, young readers, while I don't really believe in censorship, you better be prepared for explicit sex scenes. Admittedly, said sex scenes came quite early on in Serena and Hunter's relationship, but who said only teens can have raging hormones? Besides, I enjoyed watching that lust turn into love while they tried to survive all the dangerous action. The ending was well and all, and I'm half-wishing and half-not-wishing for a sequel because I seriously don't want more characters to worry about in this fictional universe.MY FAVORITE PART was Serena and Hunter's second visit to Luc's. Talk about a small world...