mylibraryinthemaking

My Library in the Making

I just read anything and everything that I find interesting.

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach

Outcast

Outcast - Adrienne Kress (This mini-review was originally posted at My Library in the Making.)Ah, this book. I shall remember all the feels it gave me until the next time I read it, because Outcast is one of those books I'll never get tired of. And thinking about it now, it's really similar to Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, not because of the angel aspect that both books have, but because of the addictive quality that will make me remember the stories for a long time.Riley's voice was captivatingly entertaining. Hers was the brand of sarcasm and wit that I've always enjoyed, and she felt like a real teenager with insecurities and a hidden want for attention. Meanwhile, to say that I loved Gabe would be an understatement. He had the typical bad boy thing going on, condescending and womanizing, but then he also enjoyed putting up Christmas decorations and singing old songs.I admit, what kept me turning the pages was my curiosity and concern for what would happen with Gabe rather than the angels and whatnot, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. The mystery was nice, actually, and the story took a lot of totally unforeseeable turns—the most predictable of which might have been the ending. It was bittersweet—well, more bitter than sweet, as I could tell with my tears—but inevitable and realistic.MY FAVORITE PARTS were the last lines. *cue tears again*