mylibraryinthemaking

My Library in the Making

I just read anything and everything that I find interesting.

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach
Entangled (Spellbound #1) - Nikki Jefford Actual rating: 4.5(This review was originally posted at My Library in the Making.)I hate it, but I have to be really picky when it comes to self-published books, so of course I am more than thrilled when I chance upon a gem among the pile.Entangled started off by introducing us to Graylee Perez, a witch, and her imperfect life with her mom and twin sister, Charlene. At the height of discovering and improving her powers, Graylee had lost almost all of her powers. Snap. Just like that. She could never have imagined who was behind it, but that couldn't be worse than sleeping with a simple stomachache and waking up in Charlene's body to learn that she'd been dead for two months.What drew me to this book was the cover. I mean, come on, look at that gorgeous thing! And the model is exactly how Graylee looked in my head. And then there was the truly original live-every-other-day twist. If it were me, I'd probably have chosen death.Graylee was a fun, sarcastic, spunky girl, so of course I loved her. She knew how to stand her ground against anyone, and I mean anyone. And then there's Raj McKenna. Brooding, typical bad boy, swoon-worthy Raj. It was nice to have more than glimpses of his backstory—an explanation to why he was the way he was.The other characters were all interesting as well. I had my doubts about everyone, and man, do I love guessing games. By the time I finished reading, they'd all surprised me at least once, and Charlene had succeeded in making me despise her even more than Math.Plot-wise, Entangled was full of twists and turns I couldn't have predicted. The simple but smooth-flowing prose was filled with a ton of humor, and the ending couldn't be more satisfying. I need Duplicity now!