mylibraryinthemaking

My Library in the Making

I just read anything and everything that I find interesting.

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach
Confessions of an Angry Girl  - Louise Rozett (This review was originally posted at My Library in the Making.)When I read a book, I want to like it. I almost always do, but sometimes, I don’t even try to finish them. Confessions of an Angry Girl was the rare inbetween.There were a lot of reasons why I didn’t enjoy this as much as I wanted to. First, I didn't like Rose as a character. Aside from that moment when she finally burst, I never thought she was angry (like the title says)—just whiny. I hate it when people complain, but I hate it even more when that's all they do. Also, she kept blaming other people her age for being so childish, when I didn't feel that she was mature enough to even try to handle them. Lastly, I hated her lack of a backbone. If I were her, I wouldn't care if I was up against the meanest cheerleader in the universe; I'd show her what she's up against.Then there was also the plot that had very little going on. I couldn’t identify the real climax, and in the end, it seemed like the story didn’t progress at all—just like the underdeveloped romance, which had so much potential because of bad-boy Jamie Forta.I appreciated how the author tackled topics like sex, contraceptives, and even gynecology—which was quite TMI, to be honest, and now I'm dreading even the thought of having to go there in, like, ten years—but isn't fourteen too young to be thinking about those stuff? Or am I just experiencing cultural differences?Anyway, the ending left much questions unanswered for the sequel, but I doubt I’ll be checking that out—though I do love the title: Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend.MY FAVORITE PART was when Rose finally showed her anger.