mylibraryinthemaking

My Library in the Making

I just read anything and everything that I find interesting.

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach
Catching Liam (Good Girls Don't, #1) - Gennifer Albin (View this review on My Library in the Making.)I admit that, judging from the blurb, I thought Catching Liam sounded both "been there, done that" and "hey, that's new". Well, I can tell you now that it's more on the fresh side and that you'll definitely regret not reading this—because I freaking loved it! When I started reading this, the first pressing question that I asked was "Why is Jillian so bent on avoiding a serious relationship with a guy?", and I imagine that'll also be the case for most readers. I assumed she was just another one of those NA girls who've been burned before yada yada yada so I was irritated when she started shooing off Liam, but oh no, that's not the case at all. Seriously, if her initial attitude is what will turn you off from this book, just hang in there. You'll thank me later. Now let's talk about Liam McAvoy. Oh, Liam. I don't think I know a guy from a book who's a more perfect balance of sweet, sexy and gentlemanly than he is. He's the boy who makes moan-inducing waffles and saved his name in Jillian's phone under the name "Waffle-maker", and he's also the boy who defends kilts and can give Christian Grey a run for his money but is too polite to do that. If you ask me who's my top bookish crush right now, I'd scream-squeal his name for sure. Jillian and Liam's romance make up most of this book, but not all of it. We also get totes of family drama, friend drama, I-don't-know-what-I-want-to-do-with-my-life drama—just drama all around. Drama can be boring, but never in Catching Liam. It actually lets us know so much more about the characters and the many layers to them. Smart, funny, and sexy, Catching Liam sure stands out in the NA crowd. There's a particular twist that I certainly didn't see coming and brings this book up a notch in the uniqueness factor. I liked how just enough, not all, loose ends were tied up in that realistic ending, and I sure can't wait to read the sequel! MY FAVORITE PART is Jillian and Liam's first date. Oh, the swoon~