mylibraryinthemaking

My Library in the Making

I just read anything and everything that I find interesting.

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach

Stalk me. (The Keatyn Chronicles)

Stalk Me - Jillian Dodd (This review was originally posted at My Library in the Making.)Beautiful prose, fast pace, exciting plot: these are what endears a book to its readers, but for me, it all comes down to whether I can put a book down or not, and Stalk Me definitely stayed in my hands from start to finish.Keatyn Douglas was living the life she'd always wanted. She was dating the most popular guy and was in the clique with the rich and popular kids. She should have been happy to be living the life she'd scripted, so why wasn't she?Honestly, I didn't like Keatyn. All she seemed to worry about was getting laid, and she wasn't too good at looking out for herself. Also, I felt like she was such a hypocrite, saying all Vanessa, her best friend, cared about was popularity when really, she worried about that, too, only she didn't want to follow Vanessa around anymore. And don't even remind me of her thoughtless actions. I thought she was going to start redeeming herself after breaking off from the things she didn't like - her unsatisfying boyfriend, her fake friends - but unfortunately, her personality went downhill instead of up. She did have some good points, especially with how she appreciated all the blessings she had, but her mind just worked so differently from mine that I couldn't sympathize with her.Questionable main character aside, I really enjoyed Stalk Me, although Keatyn's dilemmas might have been quite shallow - aside from the stalker thing, but I was surprised to find out that that part was downplayed to make way for the teen drama. Still, I'm pretty sure I'll be checking out the sequel, Kiss Me.MY FAVORITE PART was the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Roadster... Yep, I love fast cars.