mylibraryinthemaking

My Library in the Making

I just read anything and everything that I find interesting.

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
Ingrid Jonach

Opal (Lux Novel)

Opal - Jennifer L. Armentrout (This review was originally posted at My Library in the Making.)Opal was one hell of a third book. It had immediate tension, making my brows furrow in frustration within a few pages. I was also sucked right back into JLA's crazy world of aliens. The ominous feeling was a constant in this book, and I worried for my beloved Luxens and hybrids the whole time.One thing I noticed was how there really hadn't been character development as much as character exposure. They haven't changed a lot from Obsidian until now; we merely see more sides to them that, probably, even they themselves didn't know about. Believe me when I say no one is to be fully-trusted in this series.Daemon was sweeter than ever, but he still had his controlling and possessive streak, wanting Katy to stay at home to keep her safe (like what I mentioned in my Onyx review above). Thankfully, Katy never backed down.I know you're upset because you worry about me, but I'm not going to be the girl who sits at home and waits for the hero to wipe out the villains.She worked hard and toughened up so Daemon would see her as his equal, and I appreciated that plus her getting him to respect her decisions because I believe those are essential in a healthy relationship.Here in Opal, we get two new somethings. There was Katy and Daemon's full-blown romance (finally!) which felt like the only respite from their universe of problems. Their sweetness make me sigh and giggle like a schoolgirl. And then there was Dawson. I loved seeing more of his dynamic with everyone: something we only got a taste of in Shadows.You know a book's good when you keep putting off reading it just because you don't want it to end, even though I really wanted to finish the characters' misery by turning that last page. Shit kept hitting fan, and the hard times brought out the worst in everyone. And that ending? Sure brought out the worst in me.MY FAVORITE PART was their prom. And after it, hee ♥